Whether you’re making smoothies, soups, or juices, a good ninja blender blade is essential for achieving the perfect consistency every time.
If your blender blades show signs of wear and tear, it may be time to replace them. Luckily, this is a fairly easy process that only requires a few minutes and a few simple tools.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to replace your blender blades so you can return to making your favorite meals in no time.
- 1 Parts and Tools Needed how to replace ninja blender blades
- 2 The Ninja Blender Blade Replacement Procedure
- 3 How Do You Tighten the Blade on a Ninja Blender?
- 4 How Long Can Ninja Blender Blades Run?
- 5 How Often Should You Replace Ninja Blender Blade?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Conclusion
Parts and Tools Needed how to replace ninja blender blades
You can purchase replacement ninja blender parts at most stores that sell kitchen supplies, but you can also purchase them online. Before you buy an exact replacement for your model, check the part number to get the right size blades and other parts for your specific model. Make sure you have the following tools on hand before you begin this process:
Towel or Rags
You will need a towel or rags to clean up any spills. To remove the base, hold the blender tightly and lift it on the base. The base should come away easily from the rest of the blender.
You can use a hook tool to remove the blade assembly from the base.
You can use a spatula to scrape the old gasket and debris from the housing unit and blade assembly and remove excess food inside the blade assembly.
Philips Head Screwdriver
You can use a screwdriver to remove the screws holding the blade. A Phillips head screwdriver is useful to remove the screws because they are different sizes.
You will need a hammer to tap the blade assembly and loosen it from the blade assembly holder.
You should keep an Allen wrench or hex key on hand if the screws that hold the blade assembly holder together are too tight to remove with the screwdriver.
New Ninja Blender Blades
You have the new blades that are right for your ninja blender. You should place it on the base and screw it into place.
The Ninja Blender Blade Replacement Procedure
There are a few step-by-step rules to follow while replacing the Ninja Blender Blade:
- Make sure that the motor is off before beginning the replacement procedure.
- Disconnect all wires from the motor and blade assembly.
- Remove the three screws that hold the motor cover in place.
- Carefully remove the motor cover and blade assembly.
- Clean all areas that you may have contaminated with food or grease during use, including the blade and gears.
Replace the blade as follows:
- Slide the new blade until it clicks into place on the gear assembly.
- Be sure to align the notches on the blade with those on the gear assembly.
- Rotate clockwise to tighten, then counterclockwise to lock.
And finally, reinstall the motor cover and screws.
How Do You Tighten the Blade on a Ninja Blender?
There are a variety of effective approaches to adjusting the tightness of the blades on a Ninja blender.
- The first method involves using the screwdriver to create a cross-threaded connection between the blade and the gear.
- The second option is to grip the blender’s base firmly with one hand while placing your thumb over the blade and turning it with the other.
- The third method involves using the Allen wrench to secure the blade onto the gear.
How Long Can Ninja Blender Blades Run?
Sometimes, it is necessary to replace the blade sooner if it becomes dented or if there is excessive wear and tear. Most of the time, the blade will last for up to six months.
However, it would be best if you kept in mind that the longer the blades last, the less frequently they need to be replaced.
Cleaning it regularly with a soft cloth will help extend the lifespan of the Ninja blender blades.
How Often Should You Replace Ninja Blender Blade?
When your Ninja Blender Blades become too dull, it is time for a replacement. But how do you know that it is time to replace the blades?
The blades of your Ninja blender will be dull when:
- You try to make a smoothie from ice cubes, but the blender fails to crush the ice. It moves around the blender jar and will not blend into a smooth drink.
- Your Ninja blender clogs up with frozen fruits, and you have to disassemble the blender to remove the clog.
- The Ninja blender starts to heat up excessively, and the motor sounds like a jet engine.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Are Ninja Blender Blades Polished?
Blades’ life span will dramatically increase with a polished Ninja blender blade. It is such an easy way to sharpen Ninja blender blades. All you need is a sharpening stone and some water.
- Wet the sharpening stone with water.
- Place the Ninja blender blade on the wet sharpening stone and allow it to grind against the stone for about 20-30 strokes until it is sharpened to your desired edge.
You can also buy a sharpener that specifically sharpens Ninja blender blades.
Can I Use Other Brands’ Blades in My Ninja Blender?
Ninja blender blades are not interchangeable. Because Ninja blades are designed for specific tasks, you can’t use them with other blenders.
Every blade has different sizes and shapes, so it won’t fit into any other blender.
Moreover, the different attachments that come with Ninja blenders make it difficult to swap out the blades.
How Can I Solve My Blender Blade Not Spinning?
You can do a few things to try and fix a blender blade that isn’t spinning.
- The first thing to check is if the blade is properly seated in the motor. You may need to adjust the blade’s position if it isn’t.
- You can also try shaking the blender or tapping on the sides to try and get the blade moving.
If these fail, you may need to replace the blender’s motor.
How Do You Remove the Blade From a Ninja Blender?
To remove the blade from your Ninja blender,
- First, ensure that the blender is unplugged.
- Next, remove the pitcher from the base. You will see a small screw in the center of the blade assembly – use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove this screw.
- Finally, pull the blade assembly out of the pitcher. Be careful, as the blade is very sharp.
Overall, replacing the blades on a Ninja blender isn’t too hard. First, find the screws that are holding the blade assembly in place. After removing the screws, you can remove the old blades and add new ones. Make sure the new blades are in the right place before you screw the whole thing back together.